Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chevron Sorority Canvas Supplies



Chevron Sorority Canvas
This week I visited a new exhibition at the High Museum of Art on the watercolor illustration of Jerry Pinkney. It has be in the mood to get all painty. 

Canvases are all the rage at my home chapter at Kennesaw State. Girls received fun canvases painted by their Bigs in their Big Lil Baskets. I don't know how they were able to make them look so professional, but I thought I would give it a try. 


What you'll need:
  • Two contrasting colors of acrylic paint. I chose my sorority colors, obvi.
  • Painters tape (don't skimp on this one. I did and the quality of my lines were compromised)
  • White canvas (I bought mine in a two-pack at Michaels Craft Store this weekend and they were 50% off) 
  • Paintbrush
Time: 20 minutes plus drying time.

Shall we chevron?! See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment