Monday, October 14, 2013

Book Review: I Heart Recruitment - Repeat

Plans don't become effective overnight. There is no magic genie waiting in your chapter room to grant you three wishes. You betta work. 

I love what the authors of I Heart Recruitment say, "Practice makes permanent". In order to truly catalyze change in your chapter, you have to keep at it. 

An excellent idea, and one I'm planning on trying out at the chapter I advise, is to create a roundtable. This group can be ANYONE in the chapter, not just those with positions. Think about the women who ran for positions and didn't get elected. They have all of this raw untapped energy and ideas going to waste. Employ those women in a roundtable discussion about recruitment. 

I think what we'll try is create an optional meeting inviting women passionate about recruitment to discuss the challenges and possible plan for future recruitment efforts. No I didn't say a mandatory meeting. Mandatory implies it will be governed by people in positions. Optional implies the people in the room will make the magic happen. Try it out. You won't have a giant turn out, but the people who want to be there will be more inclined to speak up and bring new ideas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment