Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Book Review: I Heart Recruitment - Who Does All This?


We used to say something in my chapter when I was a collegian. 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people. I had no idea there was a factual principle out there that supports this. Its called the Pareto Principle, also known as the law of the final few.

We always used this rule when we thought about how an event would turn out. That 20% of the chapter would be involved in the planning. The blood, sweat, glitter and tears. And 80% of the chapter would reap the benefits, or choose not to attend at all.

As a chapter, I challenge you to stop leaning on the coordinators and leadership team to carry the load. In I Heart Recruitment's chapter, "Who Does All This?"they pose a great question most readers would ask. Is this all more work for the Recruitment Coordinator? The books states, and I agree, that in practicing the techniques and ideas in this book the job of Recruitment Coordinator will be lessened. The work will begin to get done all by itself.

In believing in and practicing dynamic 365 days a year Recruitment, your chapter will be strengthened and vitalized.

So reach out to a stranger, create a recruitment roundtable of all kinds of sisters, and communicate the values of your letters. Watch your chapter grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment