Saturday, June 28, 2014

Convention Countdown: Day 25- Defining Moments



Last night, I was honored to represent Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority at the Alpha Sigma Tau National Convention Panhellenic Dinner.


If anything could get me excited for Convention, it's attending another organization's Convention. Walking around their lobby was like walking around ours, only with less purple and gold. 

When I arrived, I checked in at the registration desk and before I could say which organization I was affiliated with, a girl at the desk immediately identified as a DPhiE by looking at my nail polish. Obviously purple and gold. That may have made my day. 

I was greeted by my host, Rachel, an alumnae sister of AST and an active volunteer. She gave me my name badge and walked me into the main lobby where everyone was waiting for the doors to the ballroom to open. 

I walked around and took it all in. There were the clear first-timers, the veterans, the staff, and the guests. The tables were decorated up and down the halls with AST merchandise and silent auction gift baskets. 

The doors opened and we found a nice table towards the front of the room. Seated at our table were other AST volunteers acting as hosts to guests from other organizations. I met women from Sigma Sigma Sigma and Alpha Delta Pi. We chatted about our experiences from school and picked at our salads for a bit. Dinner was served and it was little quieter for a bit. 

After dinner, the keynote speaker was introduced. Julie Cain Burkhard, Executive Director of Phi Mu Fraternity, Past National President of Alpha Chi Omega, and Past Chairman of The National Panhellenic Conference delivered a keynote on "defining moments" in your life. One of the most impactful moments in any Greek woman's life is the moment she decides to cross a line in the sand and become a part of something bigger than herself. The moment she joins a sorority and dedicates herself to a lifetime of leadership, excellence, and sisterhood. 


I'm so excited for our Convention in a few weeks, and this evening's event just made me even more impatient for it to arrive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment